About This Course
This two-year Work-Study Hospitality Management Diploma introduces aspects of the tourism and hospitality industry which are essential for those looking to move into supervisory and management positions. This program is a combination of several months’ classroom study and several months of work internship experience.
As a student, you will learn the concepts and techniques related to hotel and restaurant operations, international cultural team dynamics.
Tourism Management Course in Canada with Work-Study Program
The work study component is essential to develop well-rounded students. By working directly in a hospitality or tourism organization (hotel, restaurant, casino, winery, etc.), students will have the opportunity to learn practical skills that complement their academic learning. This will ground the theories they have studied and enrich their knowledge, broaden their career network and give them much needed industry experience.
Curriculum Paid Coop
Careers related to Hospitality Management:
- Accommodation manager
- Catering management
- Lodging management
- Hospitality industry
- Event management
- Tourism management
- Hotel management
- Public house manager
- Restaurant management
- Bars and Pubs
- Conference and Exhibition Centres
- Events Venues
- Hotel Chains
- Restaurants and Fast-Food Outlets.
There are also relevant roles throughout the public sector in:
- Local Authorities
- The Armed Forces
- Live online or in-person interview
- 18 year of age or older
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, including six Grade 12 U or M courses with a minimum overall average of 60%, or a mature applicant (21 years or older)
- IELTS of 5.5 or equivalent for Non-Native English speakers or successfully pass a Futures College Literacy Exam
- Post-secondary diploma, degree or a certificate from another country is considered an equivalent to an Ontario Secondary School Diploma if assessed at an OSSD level by a recognized assessment service such
- as World Education Services (www.wes.org/ca), University of Toronto, School of Continuing Studies,
- Comparative Education Service (www.learn.utoronto.ca/ces) or International Credential Assessment Service (www.icascanada.ca)